Extracted from Patchay.Com
A Special Presentation
PATCHAY.COM finds out this week the Greater KL MRT project is a dream come true for commuters who are stuck in traffic jams every week days.
- Malaysia's largest megaproject and first Mass Rapit Transit (MRT) project.
- The Greater KL MRT Project is one of the key initiative identified under the government's Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
- Project Delivery Partner (project manager) awarded to MMC-Gamuda Joint Venture Sdn Bhd.
- Project owner is Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd.
- Project regulator and licensing authority is Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD).
- The Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT Line is the first of at least 3 MRT lines being planned, with a total length of 150km.
- Estimated total costs of three MRT lines is at least RM36.6 billion.
- The first phase is scheduled for ground breaking in July 2011 and fully operational by 2016.
- The whole MRT project is expected to create 130,000 jobs.
- The implementation is expected to generate Gross National Income of between RM3 billion and RM4 billion beginning 2011 until 2020.
- By 2020, the MRT is expected to carry 2 million riders, serving over 11% of total travel across Klang Valley and 64% of travel in and out of KL City Centre.
Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT
- Estimated to be between 60km to 65km in length.
- 35 stations, with 11 of them incorporating park-and-ride facilities.
- Population catchment of 1.2 million, with estimated daily ridership of 442,000.
- Between 9.5km and 10.5km of the length will be underground.
- The portion that passes through densely populated area such as Damansara and KL Central Business District will be underground.
- A ride from the first to the last station will take approximately 90 minutes.
- Integration with existing KTM Komuter stations in Sungai Buloh and Kajang.
- Integration with existing LRT stations either at KL Sentral or Pasar Seni and Maluri.
- May integrate with future MRT Line stations at Pusat Bandar Damansara and KL International Financial District (KLIFD).
- Connectivity for upcoming mega urban development area such as Sg Buloh RRIM, Warisan Merdeka, KLIFD and Cochrane City.
Sg Buloh-Kajang MRT
Provisional Route & Proposed Stations (Red Line)
1. Sg Buloh KTM ***
2. Kg Baru Sg Buloh
4. Kota Damansara Utara
5. Taman Industri Sg Buloh
6. Kota Damansara Selatan
7. Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
8. The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
9. 1 Utama Central Park, Bandar Utama
10. Taman Tun Dr Ismail
11. Seksyen 17
12. Eastin Phileo Damansara
13. Pusat Bandar Damansara ***
14. UOA Damansara, Jalan Semantan
15. Taman Duta
16. KL Sentral ***
17. Pasar Seni LRT ***
18. Warisan Merdeka
19. Pudu ***
20. Bukit Bintang ***
21. KL International Financial District ***^
22. Jalan Cochrane
23. Maluri LRT ***
24. Taman Bukit Ria
25. Taman Midah/Bukit Mewah
26. Cheras Leisure Mall, Taman Segar
27. Phoenix Plaza
28. Taman Cuepacs
29. Taman Suntex
30. Bandar Tun Hussein Onn
31. Balakong/Cheras Selatan
32. Taman Koperasi Cuepacs
33. Taman Mesra
34. Kajang Stadium
35. Kajang KTM ***
*** Probable integration with existing and future rail infrastructure.
^ KLIFD is a new megaproject located near Bulatan Pandan.